Wednesday, April 05, 2006

April 5 Update

It's been way too long. Here we go.

Chaplaincy is going well. I feel more and more at home in the role. and there are good things coming out of that. One is that I am working on starting a group called "Forward Step". It is essentially a weekly "AA" style group for ex-offenders. It is in the early stages of planning, so I'll keep you posted.

I also had the chance a couple of weeks ago to sit in on a conference with the prairie regional chaplains and some people from CSC regional and national. Thgere was some good information, but uit was also easy to see the tension that is created by the coming together of church and state. It is an uneasy relationship at the best of times, and no side is more at fault than the other.

I also had the chance to go inot the max unit at Sask Pen last week. Quite a different feel than anything else I had experienced up til now. It is closed in and bare, and the attitudes run rampant within those walls. I couldn't spend too much time in there.

That's all for now. Email me if you have any questions or would like more informnation on what I talk about here. I'll give you as much as I can.